Literature and Performance

Summer 2010

Love – Performed By Willie A Morton II

July 21st, 2010

I chose “Love” by Pokahontaz because it is another African American Poem that caught my eye because I do not really read about love, but this poem enthralled me with the different metaphors and it is a much different read because I usually read about race in poems. This piece made me want to read more Love poems because i loved the way she showed both aspects of love, the good and the bad. I read this piece slowly and made sure to pour my emotions into every stanza. Slowly reading certain words, ┬ápausing to let the audience catch the emotion, and reading it as if i was in love with someone. I hope you enjoy it!

Willie

The Weary Blues Read By Willie Morton II

I choose Langton Hughes’s The Weary Blues, because┬ámy favorite genre of poetry is African American poetry stated in my most recent post. The southern style captivates me and I just cannot stop reading them. The Weary Blues is a story about a man singing about his problems in life and how hes done worrying about them. is is a very southern and slow read that helps the reader visualize the poem. i read the poem similar to the way Hughes read it, but i still incorporated my own style in reading this piece.

Powered by WordPress. Theme by Sash Lewis.