Literature and Performance

Summer 2010

Little Tree and The Lorax performed by Laura Johnson

July 20th, 2010

I chose to re-read E.E. Cummings’ “Little Tree” because I thought I could do a much better job after listening to the critiques in class. I tried to take Kristin’s comment about reading it as though I was a child at Christmas time to heart. I hope you enjoy it!

Little Tree

Upon learning that one of the two final performances had to be a narrative, I knew immediately I wanted to do a children’s book, but which one? I finally (after much thought and consideration) decided on Dr. Seuss’ “The Lorax” because I remember how much I loved to hear my dad read it to me when I was little. Like all Dr. Seuss books, “The Lorax” can be enjoyed as a simple story as well as interpreted as commentary on a particular issue (in this case, conserving and protecting our environment). I believe this book is a perfect choice for my final project because protecting the environment for future generations is a huge concern of mine.

The Lorax

3 Responses to “Little Tree and The Lorax performed by Laura Johnson”

1. rockyraccoon says:

I like that you took to note the child-like feel of the poem. I think it made for a much different reading and I really enjoyed it.
    Kristin

2. lancaster pa dentists…

[…]Little Tree and The Lorax performed by Laura Johnson « Literature and Performance[…]…

3. I was fortunate enough to meet my love online a few years ago. That’s why I decided to launch my own dating website to help singles to find their own future life partner on online dating sites as well….

Powered by WordPress. Theme by Sash Lewis.